Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Our Home Altar Through the Year

John Phillip Woman Praying

 Love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, 
and with thy whole mind.
MATTHEW 22:37
                                                                                     

How can we love the Lord with all our minds? We can help ourselves stay mindful of him throughout the day with visuals in our home. With all the distractions of this modern life, I need all the help I can get.

We hang one crucifix in each room of our apartment (except the bathroom!) I place prayers and scriptures and novenas above the kitchen sink, so when I am washing dishes I am reminded to pray. 

We have a special corner in our living room dedicated to our faith. It is a simple chest of drawers holding very important sacramentals: our rosaries, holy water, candles, oils, and prayer cards of loved ones.  On top of the dresser is where we display artwork, candles, or flowers. We display holy artwork that helps us mediate deeper on the Lord. We have been given beautiful spiritual artwork as gifts, and we switch out the pieces throughout the year by the seasons. We have our simple little Christmas tree displayed during Advent. During Lent, I display a very moving print of  Jesus praying in the garden.

lent home

I started this post before the accident, and I got reminded today to share it. You see God left me a sweet reminder that He is right here with us no matter what we are going through. I placed a single mini red rose cutting in water next to a picture of Jesus's agony in the garden. And it rooted. I don't know why that just moves me. Probably because I've tried to root rose cuttings in the past and failed miserably. We are in our own agony with Mr. Peasants slow moving brain recovery. I placed a rose to the suffering Lord, and He returned it back to me with roots. Even in the desert, God is moving. 


Our home Altar throughout the year:


catholic home altar



catholic home altar


catholic home altar


catholic home altar


catholic home altar




catholic home altar


catholic home altar


home altar


catholic home altar


catholic home altar




catholic home altar


catholic home altar


catholic home altar christmas


Catholic Christmas home altar

But thou, when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee. --MATTHEW 6:6

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. . . But we preach Christ crucified. --1 CORINTHIANS  1:18&23   

Thank you for reading. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment