Sunday, October 7, 2018

Frugal Flower Arrangements in the Home

Girl in a field- Knaus Ludwig

Where flowers bloom, so does hope.
LADY BIRD JOHNSON

I am not much of a decorator. I've always lived in rundown apartments, and my budget for aesthetics was close to zero. I can think of nothing more cheerful than flowers in your home. Unfortunately, the art of flower arranging has fallen out of favor. Buying flowers can be expensive for frugal people. Here are some inexpensive ways to bring joy into your home with flowers.

Cheap flowers from your garden in a jar:



Zinnias in a honey jar.

Zinnias, mini roses, basil flowers, and sage leaves in a spice jar.

Yellow Zinnias, Basil flower and Sage

Zinnias and Tomato Blossoms in a spice jar.

Weeds in the office space.

Johnny Jump Ups

Cheap herbs and vegetable blossoms:

A tomato branch.




Beautiful yellow tomato flowers.

Nasturtium branches in a maple syrup jar.

Pink Zinnia, sage branch and flowered basil.

Silver sage branches in water on either side of Mary for Christmas.

Morning glory vines on windows:

I plant cheap morning glory seeds in tin cans. I punch holes in the bottom of the cans with nails and a hammer. 


I take white twine and drape it along my windows and then wrap the vine around the string.

The vine will grow happily around the windows. I love how it looks like hearts.

Morning glory blooms.





 $4.00 flowers from the grocery store:




I hope this inspires you to grow and cut flowers to bring indoors. It doesn't take much money to make a simple, happy arrangement. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment